This site uses cookies... Cookies are small files that help improve your experience on our site. By browsing our site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out about cookies here

Insuring my Spanish home

Naturally, when you buy a home in Spain you will need to insure it against all manner of inconveniences that could conceivably occur. Protecting your home against the unforeseeable helps guarantee peace of mind in the place where – above all else – you should feel most secure and at ease. UCI offers two different types of home protection.

Insuring my Spanish home hero image

Need a quote? Have a question? Get in touch with UCI:

Types of insurance:

Home Insurance

This type of insurance covers against all the usual unpleasant occurrences that can happen over time, including:

  • Damage caused by fire, smoke and soot or lightning
  • Water damage – accidental domestic flooding or malfunction, including the cost of plumbing and building work needed to put it right
  • Broken windows, mirrors, marble and granite worktops, bathroom fittings, vitroceramic hobs, etc
  • Burglary – damage resulting from a robbery taking place at your home
  • Civil liability – up to €300,000
  • Family legal defence and claims for damages
  • 24-hour home assistance service

Title Insurance

Title Insurance guarantees that all your legal rights stated in the title deed will be respected, and that the property you have purchased fulfils all the agreed legal conditions.

It also covers against matters such as:

  • False representation by the vendor
  • Boundary issues
  • Community disputes
  • Non-inscription in the land register
  • Demolition order
  • Unpaid taxes, quotas or community expenses

Find out more about mortgages in Spain...

Need a quote? Have a question? Get in touch with UCI: