To get all our regular VIVA email updates and news...
...click below to subscribe right now!
A few issues to consider well in advance of your move...
- Arrange a moving date… If you are awaiting a completion date, you might need to arrange temporary accommodation until the keys are yours. We can help with that too.
- Check all the details of your Spanish purchase. Your lawyer will confirm details of the completion and everything you need to bring with you to the notary.
- Notify authorities, banks, building societies, etc., of your new contact details.
- Seek professional advice about your personal financial situation and inform the tax authorities of your move abroad.
- If British, inform the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP – www.dwp.gov.uk) about your move and find out if you are entitled to any benefits. If relevant, obtain Forms E106 or E121 from the DWP (Healthcare on the Costa del Sol).
- Investigate the Spanish tax and pension systems, and make any necessary arrangements.
- Obtain estimates from at least three international removal companies. The VIVA team can help you get the best deal.
- Make sure all passports are up to date.
- Finalise travel arrangements.